Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

GE Profile fridge GFSS6KEXBSS lights wont come on. Already

GE Profile fridge GFSS6KEXBSS lights won't come on. Already replaced both of the bulbs.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The on off sensor is a switch around the door jamb, once you have located the door switch shut the power off, lever it out with a screw driver then disconnect it, Test it for operation with a ohm meter, if as I suspect it's bad it will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no sensor on the door jam

Ok can you give me a moment to look up the model number please.
Ok the door switch is indicated on the schematic below part 242, The type of switch this is tells me its around the door aperture somewhere although from the schematic it does not show where, it could be up by the door hinge.

graphic

Thanks!

Mike.