The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

whirlpool washer wtw4850xq after leaving unattended ,washer

Customer Question

whirlpool washer wtw4850xq after leaving unattended ,washer was full of water and did not drain. dropped hose down and let it drain. tried to refill but it will not. replaced lid switch. switch locks and unlocks properly. belt is good. motor and agitator turn by hand. dropped pump, was not jammed and hose clear. after turning belt I could still hear water sloshing in drum. tring to start it made some noises,but valves would not let water in.wwhat should I do now? George.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Thank you for trusting us to answer your question and placeing your good faith deposit in your personal account here at justanswer. I intend to honor that good faith and provide you with the correct answer to your question. Once I have provided your answer I only ask that you honor your pomise to transfer a portion of that deposit to my account by selecting a positive rating.
Please, understand that the final outcome of our conversation may not make you happy, fix your problem, or say what you want it to. I am sorry, but that is just how it goes sometimes. I help people with questions. I do not perform magic. I hope this is not the case, but this does not negate your promise to pay for the correct answer to your question.
Thank you for understanding.

Did you test for voltage going to the pump during a drain cycle?

If not please do so. You should have 120 vac at the pump connections. If there is no voltage you have a control board issue. Replace it to resolve the problem. If you have voltage to the pump please let me know and we can run some diagnostics on it.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

rating your answer as good. I will get back to you if I cant solve the problem. George.

Ok George. Ill be here if you need me. =)
Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Getting control board on 7/22/2013. I know how to replace and calibrate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

replaced control board and calibrated. washer is doing the same thing.
checked run capacitor its 44.2 out of 45. its within limits.it tries to start 3 times and then you can hear it click off. what else should I check.?George.

I am sorry to hear that, George. Lets try running the on board diagnostics and see if there are any error codes that have been set.

Please see the instructions I have uploaded to tinypic.com (the upload feature is broken, but they are working on it.).

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jcf049.jpg