Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

where is the defrost drain tube located on the GE ZIC 36 monogram

where is the defrost drain tube located on the GE ZIC 36 monogram freezer with bottom freezer
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the full model number from the sticker inside the fridge please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GE ZIC 36 ONRJRH

ok can you give me a minute to look that up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sure

Ok the defrost drain is located on the inside of the freezer, you would need to remove the drawer/shelf's in the freezer, next remove the ice maker if there is one in the freezer. next remove the panel on the rear inside the freezer.

Once the panel is out you will see the evaporator (looks like the radiator on a car) below this you will see the defrost drip pan and in the middle of the pan the defrost drain, you may have to melt ice in the pan in order to see the drain.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is not the least bit helpful - there is an icemaker and when we removed it, there was no panel on the rear of the freezer

hang on a sec, will post a schematic.

The panel you need to remove is part 1548 in the schematic below.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Lauren,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,