Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Model MSD2652KEW the freezer is not freezing solid. Last huge

Model MSD2652KEW the freezer is not freezing solid. Last huge storm we lost hydro for 3 days & this unit may have had power surges as it initially went out. The side walls around the door are now hot to the touch. Defrost cycle? Is this a repair issue? or is this a replacement issue?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Check around to the rear and I believe you will find the fan motor is not operating there by the compressor. If it is not this is what to do.

Leave the cover back there removed. Put a window fan there blowing from the rear to the front for 12 to 24 hours. Keep the doors closed as much as possible. If it gets cold replace the fan motor and that will take care of it.

If it happens that you find that fan motor operating please use the reply to expert link and let me know. The part number for your fan motor is W10239053

One last thing I forgot to mention Jan. Put your temperature settings back where you normally keep them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the fan to be running all the time, or just during certain cycles?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fan was not running when I opened up the back. When I replied & asked about the fan, I meant the fan/motor...not the fan you were instructing to run for the 12 - 24 hours.

I am sorry Jan I had some emergency work to do. Put a window fan at the rear to circulate air in place of the fan motor that is not working. The reason for this is 1 to get your refrigerator cooling. 2 to be sure the compressor has not overheated to the point it has become damaged. Usually that is okay but still it is a good check to make before spending money on a part that will not completely repair your refrigerator.

If you have questions please ask, as far as I know I am now off work for the weekend. I also want to thank you for the opportunity to help.

Thanks a bunch,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no more questions, I did give you a rating that day, I have ordered & installed the part as per your suggestions & all works very well. Thank you, it all saved me a tremendous amount of time & money.

Jan Nabert

Thank you for the opportunity Jan, take the best of care and give a shout the next time you need us.