Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my Whirlpool GC5SHEXNQ00 side by side will not turn on. All

my Whirlpool GC5SHEXNQ00 side by side will not turn on. All the lights are on but the temperature readouts are off and it won't turn on pressing the cooling on button. It was working fine yesterday.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

compressor is cold and the fan is not running

Can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem Whirlpool GC5SHEXNQ00

Ok the problem here is the control board, This is located in the rear of the unit inside the box normally to the left of the compressor, Unfortunately this part is no longer available but it can be fixed.

Relay control board, *Note: Part can no longer be obtained from the factory. Part can only be rebuilt. Consumer will need to contact CCS at (NNN) NNN-NNNNfor further repair instructions.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.