Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Whirlpool GSF26C5EXY00 refrigerator. The water dispenser

I have a Whirlpool GSF26C5EXY00 refrigerator. The water dispenser has become intermittent. Requires pressing on the pad several times before continuous flow. The ice dispenser is working fine. Might it be an issue with the pad switch of connections to the dispenser circuit board?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, no problem

Ok yes the problem is the touch pad button has shorted, From the schematic it does not show if the buttons are behind the touch pad built into the control or if the buttons are built into the touch pad.

I would take the trim off to the dispenser and check which part has the buttons, I have included a link below where you can order the touch pad, if that is not the part get back to me and I will link you to the control. :)

Click here to order the touchpad

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I've gone ahead and disassembled the dispenser assembly. The problem appears to be with the micro-switch in the pad. Swapped water pad to ice pad and problem followed. It looks to me like the part I'm looking for is AP5178683. Do you agree?

Yes I after reading your post again this is the part you are going to need. I had misread your post and thought you were having trouble with the touch pad above, Yes this is the part you will need to replace.

Thanks!

Mike.