Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

samsungfrontdryerdontheatup

samsungfrontdryerdontheatup
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have access to the inside ? is the front off? and do you have a model number?thx

Customer:

mod# XXXXX acces to inside from ex air vent on back ?

Customer:

so whats going on with dryer no heat thxs ken

Randy 43 :

have you checked the power ? it will run with 120 volts but reqs 240 volts to heat .breaker is on both legs ?

Randy 43 :

do you have a meter?

Customer:

ill check hold on I think on 1 220 pole beaker im ck ing

Randy 43 :

is the dryer stacked on top of the washer ?

Customer:

no stacked breaker good

Randy 43 :

ok , if you have 220 at the outlet and breaker is on and the dryer runs but doesnt heat it is almost always the heating element , if you want to get at that ,the top has to come off , then 5 screws across the front of the control panel , then 4 screws on top of the front panel ,2 screws ander the lint filter on the front panel

Randy 43 :

remove the wires for the door switch and the front panel comes off

Randy 43 :

heater is in a chamber on the right hand side ,it comes with the thermal fuse and high limit thermo as well , you change that as one assembly

Customer:

holly sh-t

Randy 43 :

if you want to check with a meter all three should have continuity , heater ,thermal fuse and high limit

Customer:

what parts # XXXXX I need

Randy 43 :

sorry im not sure of your mechanical ability , some people go at it themselves .some just want an idea of what may be wrong

Randy 43 :

eating Element

RepairClinic Item #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Heating element

Manufacturer Number 35001247

More

$81.25

Quantity:

Randy 43 :

Thermal Fuse 35001193 Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

thermal fuse

Randy 43 :

High Limit Thermostat - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

high limit thermostat

Customer:

im good I can fix almost anything,i just don't want drum floting in my hand,with belt is it that bad,

Randy 43 :

drum can stay in place with belt , you can get the heating chamber out by removing the front drum support .4 screws, you dont need to take out the drum

Randy 43 :

there is one screw holding heater in , it just fits into the heater housing at the back ,then a tab that fits into a guide slot

Randy 43 :

plus the 6 wires ,that go to the thermostats

Randy 43 :

and heater

Customer:

I seen the parts in back thru ex compartment ,the heater box was a alum box with the parts in photos attached to it on out side,

Randy 43 :

exactly , but it comes apart fromn the front

Customer:

wires r pluged typed rt easy I think

Randy 43 :

wires are plugged , a little tight but put a screwdriver and pry off

Customer:

ill just get parts and go to it ,how or were can get parts

Randy 43 :

online at repairclinic.com or any online parts place , most appliance parts stores will have that heater assembly now,samsung is popular now , the thermal fuse and high limit come with the heater ,you only need the one part

Customer:

fuse or high thermostat

Randy 43 :

heater .. no pic just part number , both pics come with the heater assembly

Randy 43 :

it comes as that complete assembly you saw

Customer:

heating element,only and this part is all I need

Randy 43 :

yes , just check it at the store if you want , every time ive ordered on it came with the other 2 parts ,if for some reason it doesnt? you can just swap the ones from the old heater .it is almost always a broken heating coil

Customer:

ok coil is inside of alum box ,the outher idems r mounted on out side rt

Randy 43 :

correct

Customer:

thxs randy,ill order parts,and fix ,I say 1 2 hour job great job ,ken

Randy 43 :

30 min if youve done them before 1hour if its your first one

Customer:

im buying a clothesline for wife

Randy 43 :

you like sleeping on the couch?

Customer:

have a great weakend randy

Customer:

no dog house

Randy 43 :

ok , you too ,any more questions let me know

Customer:

thxs

Randy 43 :

no problem , thx

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert