Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dishwasher - appliance question. My maytag under counter quiet

Customer Question

Dishwasher - appliance question. My maytag under counter quiet series 200 stopped working. When you push the start button nothing happens. If you push the delayed start button then several lights come on and you can select 2, 4 or 6 hour delay, but after a few minutes all the lights go out and it doesn't turn on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

bryanpaul52 :

would you have the model number ?

Customer :

Quiet series 200 - I can look to see if there is more

bryanpaul52 :

look inside on the side wall for a model number tag.

Customer :

down two flights of stairs and back up.... It will be a few minutes

bryanpaul52 :

oh sorry okay

Customer :

E71195 Type 777-0 MDB4651AWQ3 NY(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried 3 times - nothing happened. The only way that any lights come on is if I press the delayed start button first.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
does this have the heated dry button on the control with a little paddle lock icon? If so try pressing and hold that in for 5 seconds. I'm wondering if the control panel is locked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll try that when I go back downstairs - then I'll report back...

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay great , talk then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is a heated dry button with a lock shaped icon next to it. there is a "3" in the lock icon. I have held down the dry button for 5 seconds and again nothing happens. the only button that produces any lights at all is the delay start button

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
repeatedly press the delay start until it reads 0 can you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"0" is not an option - it is 2 4 or 6 and it will cycle through those and not just go 'blank' ie '0' - the 2 4 or 6 light flashes and in about a minute it goes out

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay, I'm not sure if you tried turning the breaker off for five minutes and turning it back on but if you have and that didn't reset the control and since this wont come out of the delay start mode and the control is not locked it means the control board has failed and needs to be replaced.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
this is inside the door. remove the screws around the inside of the door and lift the inside panel up. hope this helps. thanks and best wishes, Bryan

control board link........ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10218834/1534543?modelNumber=MDB4651AWQ3?RCAID=1000065

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up, All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.