Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have an LG, GR-L207 fridge. We have just connected the water

I have an LG, GR-L207 fridge. We have just connected the water supply (maybe for the first time). We are getting cold water but no ice. How long do I wait before I know something is wrong with the icemaker? Please.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi because of the small amount of water needed to fill the tray it takes the unit 4-5 cycles to start making ice, Normally this would take around 8-12 hours for the first ice to be produced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't understand this bit?

Hi because of the small amount of water needed to fill the tray it takes the unit 4-5 cycles to start making ice,

Cheers

JE

Basically the valve will open then close, the water will start to work it's way through the system to the ice maker, this may mean the ice maker needs to cycle several times before the water makes it to the ice maker.

If you leave the door shut unless you need to get into the freezer then you should have ice sometime later this evening :)

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, that's clear now.

Cheers

JE

Your welcome John.