Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

HI: Freezer not cooling properly, replaced main board to not

HI: Freezer not cooling properly, replaced main board to not avail. Extremely hot around freezer door section. Any hints, tips etc. Thanks Roger
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

compressor running, hot as you know what, fan not running, if I spin it it will run ever so slowly, not seized.

Ok Roger thanks for that, without a shadow of doubt the fan is going to be your problem, that is supposed to be running cooling the compressor down and exchanging the heat. You will need to replace the condenser fan motor and you will be all set :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike: If I put a small fan runnign across coils and compressor temporarilt, will that start to drop my freezer temp? Thanks again: Roger

It would have to be put running past the condensor but you could try it.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Roger,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but the condenser fan motor just arrived today. I just finished installing it and it solved the problem. :). Thanks again: Roger PS: fortunately I had a small fan which I was able to use to get me through this week while awaiting my delivery.

Great!