The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My True gdm-12 with an AE3425Y compressor is not blowing cold.

My True gdm-12 with an AE3425Y compressor is not blowing cold. It is in the garage and quit working on a 111 deg day here last week. It has been stuggling to keep up with the summer heat until just died. I removed the front panel and the coils were covered with a thick mat of dust I blew them off & vacuumed clean everything. Both evap. fan & condensor fan are running & I here the compressor tripping on & off but never starting. Could it be the Start/run overload relay or capacitor

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

If the compressor keeps trying to start but it just clicks and nothing happens then, yes. The hard start cap is toast.

Replace it and the start relay at the same time. If one is bad the other isnt far behind.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**