John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

have whirpool refer model# XXXXX serial #EM3847628

have whirpool refer model# XXXXX serial #EM3847628 water dripping from freezer unit down the rear of refer compartment so much that I have to have something to catch water and it freezes the water caught in containers
Hi I,m John I will help you with the leak in the fridge section .
This often is the defrost water that is leaking inside the fridge. At least once a day the fridge shuts off and a heater in the freezer section melts the frost and changes it to water, this is how a fridge can be frost free. If the defrost drain is plugged with food bits or dust, the water cannot get down the drain system and will spill out inside the fridge and often end up under the bottom crispers.
To repair the problem remove the freezer panel and unclog the drain tube that drains the defrost water to the drain pan under the fridge .
if you require more assistance let me know please .