Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My LG LFX25975ST fridge wont make ice. It will not fill with

My LG LFX25975ST fridge won't make ice. It will not fill with water. I replaced the ice maker assembly but the problem didn't go away. I see that there is a single solenoid valve at the back of the fridge, but it appears to supply the ice maker and the water dispenser. The water dispenser works fine so I assume that this valve is not the problem. Is there another solenoid that turns the water on and off to the ice maker. If so where is it? Below the ice maker behind the inner door?
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

there is a good chance the line to the ice maker is frozen up and will need to be defrosted. there is a dual valve behind the unit that supplies water to the ice maker and the dispenser but I would check the line to see if its frozen up first
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I said in my initial question, the solenoid valve is not dual, only single. That is what puzzles me. Could there be another one inside the door? The line from the valve goes up and into the filter, then back out and enters the door where it supplies the water dispenser and the ice maker.

Yes there is a dual valve in the refrigerator section by the coil of is part #619B at this link in the diagram. The valve could be bad or the line from that valve to the dispenser could be frozen it is likely one of the two issues. You would just have to check it out and see.