John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher that the lights do not come

Customer Question

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher that the lights do not come on. I have checked the circuit breaker and it is ok. The model is KUDE 20ixdl8. I suspect the latch is stuck or not working properly

Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi I,m John I will help you with the d/w not starting .
remove the bottom front panel and check in the small metal box on the right side, this is where the 120 volt line connects to the d/w, check that and let me know if you find a burnt wire or a loose connection please . .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front panel seems to be all in one piece.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
It does have a bottom panel .its the number 5 , remove the two screws number 10 in the breakdown .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the panel off and I did not find any burnt or lose wires.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that model has a thermal fuse located on the control board , its a common part to fail .
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/W10258275/1549751.
Follow this link it will show you a video on how to replace the thermal fuse .
if you require more assistance let me know please .
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I clicked on the link you gave me thinking it would take me directly to it, but it did not so I copied the link on paper and googled it. I got 13000 responses to search through. Is there a better way to get the part and directions to replace it?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Here is the breakdown of the control panel , the fuse is number .3 in the breakdown ,you can purchase the fuse at your local appliance parts store or from repair clinic .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I assume the control panel is on the inside of the DW door and I access it by removing the inside cover of the door. Is this correct.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
That is correct its behind the top of the control panel , remove that panel you will see the fuse on the control timer .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I ordered the part, got it and the directions did not apply. I reviewed all the information I gave you and found we were not using the correct model number. The correct model number is KUDE20Ixbl8. The minor difference is you used 0 at the end and the correct model number ends with an 8.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
or that model number the fuse is number 3 in the breakdown .

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here