Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Whirpool 6th sense 8.5kg front loader washing machine

I have a Whirpool 6th sense 8.5kg front loader washing machine which has always vibrated badly. It is on a large 600 x 600 cement paver on a wooden floor, I was wondering if a rubber mat under it would help?
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

It would be best if it is right on the floor not on any pad at all. It needs to be on as solid of a surface as possible. You need to grab the machine at opposite corners and try and rock it. Adjust each leg so that it is rock solid tight when grabbing the machine at opposite corners. If there is even the slightest bit of play it will shake and vibrate all over. A rubber mat will only make this problem worse. A lot of times a pad on a floor has a gap due to the unevenness of a floor so I would tkae the pavers out and adjust the legs to the wooden floor and make them tight then crank down the lock nuts on the legs when you have them in place so they do not move on you.