Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My older Kenmore electric stove/oven is starting to beep with

My older Kenmore electric stove/oven is starting to beep with an "FI" coming up in the screen! it is an older appliance that was installed in the kitchen when I bought the house about ten years ago. I am interested in knowing what the heck "FI" indicates and how can I shut it off! Your quick response will be welcomed as it is driving me nutty! Thanks.

Martin Bronstein
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

The F1 is a main clock control failure. You would need to replace the main clock control board to repair the issue. There is no way to shut it off other than unplugging the unit and replacing the clock control board. So for now just unplug the unit.

All I ask is that you rate my assistance thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not want to totally disable my stove/oven in order to stop the beeping (unplug my stove). Is there something else I can do to stop the noise?

I am sorry to say there is not. The F1 code is a primary control failure and will just keep beeping so unless you can take the control board out and unsolder the beeper off the board there really is nothing else. This happens a lot and is very common. I wish there was some other way to stop it, but there just is not. Please do not kill the messenger:)