John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Maytag de312 - Electricity is getting to the dryer. pressing

Maytag de312 - Electricity is getting to the dryer. pressing the start button does nothing. I have the front panel off.
Hi I,m John I will help you with the dryer not starting .
Before this happened was it taking longer to dry a load or did you foret to clean the lint filter
this model ha a thermal fuse that can stop the dryer from starting , do you have a meter to check the thermal fuse ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, I it did stop, and my father checked the circuit breaker and it started and stayed on for a minute or so and hasn't started since

Are you now getting 220 volts to the dryer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is working now.

And is the dryer heating up ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The part that could have caused the dryer not to start is the door switch especially if its working ok now .I would replace the door switch .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put the machine back together and was turning it on and off. I noticed twice there was a spark in the back where the wires are connected to the dryer out of about 8 tries. Then I just tried it about ten times in a row with no spark. Perhaps I should turn the electricity off and tighten up in there?

That could have hicked off the breaker and cause it not to start, do that you will probably find a very loose connection.
if the block is burnt this is the block to replace .