Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Whirlpool 2.0 Compact front load washer LWH0050PQ wont sp

Whirlpool 2.0 Compact front load washer LWH0050PQ won't spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Serial Number CAW0619343

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Michael thanks for that.

The likely problem here is the drain filter is clogged, Open the small hatch at the front lower area of the front panel. Behind here you will see the drain filter, Unscrew this slowly while you mop the water up, as the water stops running pull the drain filter all the way out, clean the debris from it then put it back, plug the machine back in then start a new cycle, You should be all set.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I failed to mentioned that I did that, there was no debris in the filter. The washer goes through the wash cycle , rinse and the the display starts flashing after the water is pumped out but does not spin. Some times the drum rotates several times each direction and then the lights flash.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok does the door lock when you start a cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok the only thing that leaves is a bad motor control, this is the computer screwed to the floor near the motor that controls the spin on the washer, this has failed and will need to be replaced.

It looks like you can only purchase the motor control and the main control together.

Click here to order the replacement parts.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have read that the door motor switch can be the culprit?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
It can but thats why I asked you if the door was locking. If the door is locking the switch is good.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Some times the door lock does not release and we have to turn it off and then wait about ten minutes before it releases.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok you didn't mention that, ok then in that case the door lock is likely going to be the problem.

Click here to order the replacement door lock

The company in the link above are about the best bet you have for a fast deleivery since it's not likely a part that is going to be in stock.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.