Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Kitchen Air oven with microwave show error code F6eo

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F6 - E0 Return line not connected If switch pulse return line is not connected, electronic control will display F6 within 60 seconds after power up. Replace control.

Basically unfortunately this means the control board has failed (also called clock or EOC) this will need to be replaced or sent away to a timer repair company for repair.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have replaced the control panel
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
The touch pad or the control board?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Touch pad
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Ok can you give me the model number please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just a minute
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Kems378sss
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Ok unfortunately you've replaced the wrong part, the problem is not the control panel (touch pad) the problem is with the oven control, this is the part behind the control panel that has the clock built into it. This is what the error means.

Sorry it's not good news Mike.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you give me a part number?
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
The schematic does not show which control is the oven but if you click the link below you will see a schematic plus the part numbers. Part 11 or 5

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
11or5 which one?
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
It does not state, If you look at the front of the unit at the one that has the code on it then it will be that one, Unfortunately the schematic is not telling me which one is the oven control. You also may want to look at the model number because there is a couple of numbers missing

Example Kems378sss00 or 01 or 02 this may make a difference when ordering the control.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Both microwave and oven shows this code
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
In that case the problem will be with the control part 10.

Click here to order the replacement part

It appears no one has this part in stock so the link i have provided is your best bet to get this part fast.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.