Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Whirlpool front load washing machine is holding a load of

My Whirlpool front load washing machine is holding a load of laundry hostage. The door will not unlock, it will not run through any cycles. I need to get my clothes out before they are ruined. Help!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi shut the power off then take the panel out from under the doors.

graphic

Next when the panel is off reach up inside the machine to the tab at the base of the lock and pull it, the door should pop open.

graphic

Once the door is open you can then get your clothes out. :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Karen,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,