Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

417.91702000 dryer keeps running. I have to turn knob to get

417.91702000 dryer keeps running. I have to turn knob to get dryer to shut off
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

When the dryer does not shut off is that in timed dry or auto dry or both?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe on both settings

Ok don this one is fairly easy to diagnose if the timer does not turn on auto or timed dry.

The problem is the motor on the timer is bad or there are bad contacts, This means the timer would need to be replaced. I looked the part up and included a link below, this supplier seems to be the only one that has it in stock.

Click here to order the timer.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Hi Don,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.
Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great, Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.