Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Whirlpool washer that keep going off balance. I have already

Whirlpool washer that keep going off balance. I have already replaced the suspension rod kit and still having issues. What else could be causing it to go off balance?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Is this a top or front load washer? can you give me the model from the sticker around the door or under the lid please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Top load. WTW6400SW2

Ok so you have replace the suspension rods, The likely problem is going to be the pump is not getting the water out from the tub fast enough because there is a restriction in the drain, pull the drain pipes off the pump running from the tub to the pump and the pump to the stand pipe and check these for debris, also check inside the pump for any debris/coins clear anything you may find.

If you are still having a problem after this then it could be that the pump impeller is damaged meaning the pump will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. I will check

Hi ,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry it took me so long to back to you. Yes, found trash in the drain pump.

Great thanks for the rating.