Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a whirlpool refrigerator that is not cooling Can you

I have a whirlpool refrigerator that is not cooling Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hello can you look inside the freezer behind the shelfs at the lower panel and tell me if you see any frost please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No frost at panel.Model number PBF1951kew

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes compresor is warm to the touch and condenser fan is running .

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
warm or hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

warm

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok what is the temp like in both the freezer and the fridge? is it warm in both compartments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

warm in both

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

warm in both compartment but the fan is blowing and vents are working

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds to me like everything is working so the problem would be a leak in the refrigerant, This you would need to get a qualified tech in to re charge the system with refrigerant.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I noticed green residue on the copper line that has dripped down the basin of the refrigerator in the back. Could this be where the leak is?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
yes it could be or it could be where water has dripped onto the pipe and it has oxidized.

You would need to get a tech in to first find the leak, next repair the leak and then recharge the system.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.