Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have an "Atlantis" MAV6200Aww top loading washer that has

I have an "Atlantis" MAV6200Aww top loading washer that has started to not spin the clothes as well as it used to. I have checked and cleaned the hoses, pump and replaced the drive belt. Because the motor spins the drum at different speeds under different conditions, there doesn't seem to be any adjustment to "tighten" the belt to prevent slipping. The new belt did help for about 2 months but it is now doing it again on a regular basis. Clothes just come out VERY damp after a spin on ANY cycle.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
OK the belt helped for awhile ,and the motor is working .

So I have to assume you have a tension spring on the motor ,after time it will loose it`s strength .

CLICK HERE for part