Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch KIR24A61 fridge which has been installed by

I have a Bosch KIR24A61 fridge which has been installed by a third party but unfortunately it doesn't cool as it should. The suspicion I have is that there is not enough air flux underneath and at the back. How can I evaluate if the airflux is sufficient and if not how can I improve the openings (grills) get my fridge cooling correctly?

Attachment: 2013-07-08_205658_bosch_fridge_install.pdf

Photos of installed fridge

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

unfortunately you cant do anything with the refrigerator itself at all, the best thing to is to open up the top rear and install a grill there. Is this all the way back in the hole also ? no room at all behind the refrigerator ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, thank for your response.

I do understand that that the fridge is there to stay ;-)
I am not sure but I think there should be about 20cm of room between the fridge and the wall.

I have the feeling that there is just not air flow at all despite the little holes in the grate at the top. Maybe instead of the grate just an open hole would be better?

For your info, I am not sure if you saw in the picture, the material used in the kitchen is tailless brushed steel of about 3-4mm :-(

Yes thats exactly what I meant, where the arrows on the top are and you say theres holes drilled thats where you should open it up. you need to be carefull not to cut into the refrigerator itself however. if you could open up a 3-4 inch hole all the way across the back where the holes are that should give you enough airflow to cool correctly. holes drilled in the top is not enough to let the airflow and cool the compressor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's what I was afraid off but kind of new that I might have to do. How would you go about it to cut the steel? What kind of tool? You confirm the opening should go the whole length?

I would use a jig saw if possible and use a fine tooth metal blade, measure back from the front and try to give yourself about an inch from the refrigerator so you dont hit it cutting, and yes go all the way across the back.