Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a sears /mfg whirlpool 66513443k901. It supposedly was

I have a sears /mfg whirlpool 66513443k901. It supposedly was working when I deinstalled it. When I rehooked it up only the lock light comes on on the panel. Everything else is dead. I checked the thermal fuse on the bottom of the tub, that's ok. I checked all connectors I could find including on the control pcb. All seam to be tight.Any suggestions other then the control pcb.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Try hitting and holding the heated dry button for 5-10 seconds, the panel should unlock, If the panel does not unlock your problem is a shorted touch pad button, this means the control panel will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did hold the dry button the touch pad and the control bd are 2 seperate parts or do they come as a pair

You will need the control panel not the control board, This is the part with the touchpad built in.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there any way to repair the touch bd. Do you have an online vendor you recoment or should I justy look. By the way thanks for getting back to me. I was wondering if you would

You can try warming the touchpad up with a hair dryer on low heat in a attempt to unstick the shorted button. If this does not work you can order the part from the link below.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 last thing. I will try the dryer, if that doesn't work I'll order the touch bd. Any way to get up if YOU if I have other questions

Yes after you rate me you can come back to me at no additional cost by bookmarking this page or clicking on the link in one of the emails you have been sent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks so much I appreciate.

Your very welcome :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I rceiverd the new touch panel and installed it yesterday. All is well. Thanks again

Your welcome.

Thanks