Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Duel Fuel Kenmore gas range approx 8 years old. When

Customer Question

I have a Duel Fuel Kenmore gas range approx 8 years old. When oven
is in CLEAN mode are the electrical features (ie: clock, igniters etc)
shut down? Also, does the oven door remain locked until the cleaning
cycle in complete.

Don
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! On some ranges, the top will be disabled during the self clean cycle for safety. The oven gets to about 875* F during a self clean cycle and the surface temperatures of the top and front door can become dangerously hot. There are no ANSI standards for the top and front surface temperatures, so it is not well addressed by the manufacturers.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does the door remain locked until cleaning cycle is compete

also approx how long does a cleaning cycle last

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Most cleaning cycles are preprogrammed for 3 hours and the door will remain locked until the oven cools to about 550* F. It will not unlock, no matter what, at higher temperatures.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My daughter thinks she accidently hit the CLEAN button by mistake.

The racks and some frying pans are still in the oven. I am concerned

about running the cleaning cycle with these articles in the oven.

Is there any way to overridethe cycle?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It should just cancel out of the program unless it is very hot. Is the door locked or something or what exactly is the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly:

Yes the door is locked and surface electrical features ie: clock,

igniters etc are not working.

Don

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
So no lights on the display or anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You likely have a breaker issue and not getting power to the range. Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I do not have a meter. I will go to Home Depot and get a new

breaker and see if that cures my problem.

Thanks for all your help Kelly hope you are having a great day.

Don

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Any day I wake up is great, just some greater than others! Thank you, keep me posted on the range!