Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

7/16 Nut will not come loose on cabrio washer basket. I work

7/16 Nut will not come loose on cabrio washer basket. I work on cars and have tried several things that still don't work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
I have had a few of theses that have gotten, Water and detergent in the threads, and I broke one and the other I was able to get loose with a hammer driven impact socket

it is possible you may have to break it to get the hub off !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok got the nut and actutator out and I was told that if I did this I could get the debris out of the tub. I need to get the debris (pieces of clothing) out so the pump will work.

Can I please have the model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

whirlpool cabrio #WTW6400SW2

After you remove the agitator you have to remove the hub and lift the inner tub out to get to any clothes in between the inner and outer tub .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok got tub out and removed debris and even cleaned alittle debris out of pump. Washer flashing F1 and will not drain now.

oh man .Check all the connections on the control under the console .

F-1 is an error code for the control , which means it need to replaced

Check all the connections if the connedtions sre ok replace the control .

CLICK HERE for part info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, checked connections be removing and reattaching wires. no more f1 code but washer still won't drain...ugh.

And if you select Drain and spin will it then ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, it keeps on making a noise but never starts draining.

is the drain pump running ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i can't hear it

ok You need to see if the pump is getting power 120 volts if not it would be the control if it is it would be the pump .

let me know what you find?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes its getting 120 volts.

ok if the pump is getting voltage but not pumping /running you have a pump issue .

CLICK HERE for pump info

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line