Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a Maytag EcoConserve White Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

I have a Maytag EcoConserve White Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator - MBF1958XEW. It has started making a clicking noise (almost like something dripping) that can be heard on both the left and right exterior sides. When I apply pressure to the top of the outside of the door, the noise stops. Please let me know what I need to do to make it stop permanently. Thanks in advance!!

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.

I need a little more info then this !

Can you tell where the noise is coming from? top ,bottom ,freezer ,freshfood sections

Is the unit still cooling ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Woody. Unit is still cooling just fine. The sound comes from the side walls of the unit. Mostly heard from the outside with the door closed. Makes the sound when cooling. When "at rest" there is no sound. When I press on the door at the top, it goes away. I'm not strong enough to actually tilt it back very far, but maybe it's tilting just a bit!

ok it sounds like you are hearing the refrigerant running thru the system .

You can`t get to the lines inside the walls!1

But lets try adjusting the front legs to see if you can get the noise to sudside?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks!

ok if you have more question I will still assist you even after you rate me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wanted to let you know I rebalanced the front legs and the noise is completely gone! Thanks again!

No problem at all ,glad you got it