Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Samsung refrigerater 2 door with freezer on bottom: Tha

Samsung refrigerater 2 door with freezer on bottom: Tha electricity cut off and when it came back on the screen reads 88 and flashing 89, it will not change to any other setting Can you tell me what is wrong or what I can do. I cannot find my book.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

This is a communication error from the control board, You should unplug the unit for 5 minutes then plug it back in to re set the control board. If when you plug it back in you get the same error then unfortunately the control board will need to be replaced, the control board is commonly located in the rear behind a metal panel.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where can I order a control board and how much should it cost?

Can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the fridge please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Click on the link below to order the part

Click here

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)