Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

I have a Haier hot/cold water dispenser model WDNS116BBS and

I have a Haier hot/cold water dispenser model WDNS116BBS and the hot water side has stopped working. The temp bars come up and the hot water icon flashes, but no hot water after several hours.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.

Francis :

Hello, Usually, the problem would be the thermal thermostat of the water heater. Can you open the back side to see the water tank?

Customer:

Yes, but it will take some time

Customer:

Do you want me to do this?

Francis :

Yes please....I will just guide you what to check and you would have to do it yourself. Can you do it?

Customer:

Hold on

Francis :

ok

Customer:

I'm back, now what?

Francis :

Do you have a meter to measure resistance?

Customer:

No

Francis :

Ok. Is there a chance you can borrow or get one?

Customer:

No

Francis :

Ok. Then I am afraid we can not continue the trouble shooting since you do not have a meter to measure. I could inform you what could be wrong with your unit but we can not repair it for now.

Customer:

Ok, tell me what you think is wrong.

Francis :

First, the usual problem would be the thermal cutoff. Please click the blue word. It would look like that part on the picture. Look for that part usually screwed on the water heater tank. It senses the heat of the tank and would pop open it it is too hot. You would have to unplug the unit first before opening the back part. use a meter to measure the terminals. It should have a zero resistance.

Francis :

The next would be the water heating element itself. it is wrapped around the water tank and if you measure its resistance, it should have a reading of about 200 to 400 ohms.

Francis :

Third, since you have the digital display, then the power relay could be bad. That would be the relay that would give power to the heating element. You would need a volt meter to measure the voltage going to the water heating element to know if the relay is functioning but be very careful because you would be exposed to live voltage of 110 volts ac.

Customer:

Are we talking about a Haier hot/cols water dispenser?

Francis :

I am explaining what you would find out on any dispenser regardless of the brand name. They are all similar.

Customer:

Ok, you have gone way past my comfort level.

Francis :

I am sorry if i did.

Customer:

Ok, thanks anyway

Francis :

Thank you too for using this service. You do not have to pay since your unit was not repaired.

Customer:

Thanks, bye

Francis :

Good bye.

Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The parts breakdown is below. With this new information, do you wish to pursue repairing it yourself?

no image