Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

my whirlpool washer h2low makes a clicking sound and wont

my whirlpool washer h2low makes a clicking sound and won't drain, we filled it with too many wet towels

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have a model number ? is this a front loader or a top loader?thx

Customer:

whirlpool h2low toploader

Customer:

whirlpool h2low toploader, self senses water level and has no middle agitator

Randy 43 :

there should still be a model sticker on the machine ,usually around the control panel, does it drain with the towels out ?

Customer:

no it doesn't drain, just clicks when door is closed and red light says sensing, XXXXXXXXX may be number but hard to tell, w10240534A, W10251366,W10250884 are part numbers

Randy 43 :

that just came us a xxxxs model is usually letters followed by numbers ,maybe at the back of the lid area?

Customer:

crap all I can find is W10304136E and it is top loading, high efficiency, low water system

Randy 43 :

well ,it sounds like a drain pump , you can tilt the machine back and get at it that way ..or it may also be the belt cover ? the pulley may have loosened and fallen down and is rubbing on the belt cover ,in which case you can put some locktite onto the pulley screw and retighten,if this is the machine im thinking of ..but it will all be there if you pull it out and tilt it back ,it has a open base..you can let me know

Customer:

okay looking

Customer:

the waterpump is vibrating but not pumping could it be clogged?

Randy 43 :

yes , there is probably something in there , you can remove the hoses and have a look ..and the mounting bolts ,there will be some water if you dont have pinch off pliers ? have some towels ready

Customer:

okay I sucked out the drain pipe n some stuff came out, now it is actually cycling and filling with water, we will see what happpens

Randy 43 :

did you get right into the drain pump? you should be able to turn drain impeller without any restrictions and it should feel smooth, let me know what happens

Customer:

okay it is going through a cycle, just standing by with shop vac

Customer:

it didn't drain but I can get it just gonna take a while

Randy 43 :

ok

Customer:

thanks so far though I will keep ya posted

Randy 43 :

sounds good

Customer:

I found my babies sock stretched out to an adult sock in the propeller, its working fine. Thanks!

Randy 43 :

great , that would do it //