Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Jenn aire touch control panel, only timer is working. Tried

Jenn aire touch control panel, only timer is working. Tried turning off & on breaker switch, w/ out result. New "green" technician says we need new touch control panel ($400 parts & labor) and "possibly a $300 part - electrical control". We do have fairly frequent power surges in our neighborhood.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..so no other buttons can be programmed and it was working perfectly before a power surge ? do you have a model number?thx

Customer:

Oven was working perfectly. Guessing it may have had power surge since we have them frequently. Only functions that work on touch panel are the two timers. Model # XXXXX 9800 BAS.

Randy 43 :

When the touchpad doesnt respond there are only a few thing that you can try one is turning the breaker off for a few minutes which you have tried , the other thing is cleaning the touchpad ribbon with rubbing alcohol and making sure it is inserted into the control properly , other wise you need to change the touchpad ,it usually is just the touchpad ,the control is generally ok and not affected by a nonresponsive touchpad ,below is a pic of the touchpad and the ribbon on the back that you can try cleaning with rubbing alcohol if you want to try that first..

Randy 43 :

Touchpad and Control Panel 74005747        Alternate Product View
Full Size Image

Customer:

Unable to loosen screws. Will have to wait until AM for husband to do so. Is it possible for me to print off your instructions w/ image? Suggestions where to purchase touch pad if we need new one?

Randy 43 :

you can purchase online at repairclinic.com or any parts store can get it for you ..you can just respond back to this question at any time

Randy 43 :

come back to question for image

Randy 43 :

if it is black,this is the part number

Randy 43 : Touchpad and Control Panel 74005747

RepairClinic Item #895130 (OEM Part)

$242.40

Touchpad and control panel assembly, black

Manufacturer Number 74005747

More
Customer:

More? Waiting 20 min.

Randy 43 :

im sorry , did you need me for something else ? i meant if you needed to see anything here of our conversation you can just keep coming back to this question ,i apologize if i mislead you

Customer:

I thought your answer was complete. Confused by last word, "more".

Randy 43 :

that word was on the end of my paste ,sorry wasnt supposed to be there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Was going to order touch pad from repair clinic, however, noticed it does not look identical to current touch pad that I have.

It may be misssing that last number or letter , there are 3 different colors if you can double check the model i will look again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already ordered part before I rec'd your email. I did look up part on Repair Clinic and found correct touch pad and just ordered it. I understand I can return first part w/ in 30 days. Was wondering if it would be possible to be reimbursed for shipping to & from my house for first part that is not correct part?

you would have to contact repairclinic if it isnt open they probably take it back