The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

The may tag neptune washer in my parents house had read the

The may tag neptune washer in my parents house had read the fl error, and now it won't run at all the screen will work, but the motor won't kick on. What is the quickest way to fix it, being that I live with a large household of others? Online, or is there any chance I could run out to a specific store?

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I find that?

Either just behind the door if its a front loader, or towards the back of the splash ring if it is a top loader
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MAH55FLBWQ

Sorry for the delay replying, Danny.

The FL error code indicates that the door failed to lock. Try unplugging the unit for a couple minuets and see if it will reset. If it still will not work then you will have to replace the door lock wax motors.

There is also the possibility that the wax motor going out has fried the main control board. This is a known issue with these units.

There is a complete repair kit for this along with complete video instructions available on line.

Please click here to go to that web site.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The unplug thing worked, lame, but at least I dont have to buy anything else

Sorry for the delay replying. I took a tumble off of a ladder yesterday. Sore but ok.

There are times that these units get a bit confused and glitch, and like anything computer controlled they just need to be reset.
Fortunately your wax motor did not burn out and take the control board with it. As I mentioned previously this is common with these units.
They did correct the problem towards the last of the model run. You may be fortunate and have one of the updated units.
Best thing about the problem is that you were smart enough to come here and ask your question instead of calling a repair service. The repair service would have reset the unit and handed you a bill for a minimum call out of at least $85.00.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**