Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Ecosmart Washer made a pop and will not rinse and drai

Our Ecosmart Washer made a pop and will not rinse and drain.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the washer turning on at all right now? And if so can you just let it run until it begins beeping constantly at you? Don't touch anything because while it's beeping it will give you an error code. The eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok so the third light (green) and sixth light (orange) and the red spin light are on without blinking. The sound is a beep about every second.
OK perfect, thank you for the added information. So this is a pump block error.   You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit.  The drain pump is located in the front right corner.  It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it.  Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it.  There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off. 

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it.  Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages.  Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a way to drain the drum other than to dip it out?
The other way is disconnecting one of the hoses to the diverter valve in the back right corner "Y-connection". Then the water will start pouring out, but you need to have a wet vac if you're going to do this.