The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

We just purchased a front load HE Whirlpool Duet washer. I

We just purchased a front load HE Whirlpool Duet washer. I think I added to much liquid detergent and the washer did not finish its cycle. The code that is flashing is F01 E02. Can you help me with this ? I have tried unplugging and retrying but it is of no help.

THank you !
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have a model number ? just so i can confirm the error code thx

Customer:

not sure...where can I find it ? it is either a wfw94he or wfw88he

Randy 43 :

usually around the door frame or door

Customer:

currently locked but I will reset

Customer:

still locked, any suggestions

Randy 43 :

remove the bottom panel and there is a key hole tab under the latch that you can pull down and release the latch if the panel comes off ?or if it has a full front or access panel

Customer:

I did not remove the panel but I was able to determine the model based on the picture in my use & care guide. It is model WFW88HE

Randy 43 :

ok thx give me a few minutes

Customer:

I was able to get my door unlocked

Randy 43 :

is it full of suds in there?

Customer:

no suds or water in the drum

Randy 43 :

did you have to manually unlock or it unlocked by itself?

Customer:

by turning it on/off... I was able to unlock it

Randy 43 :

what makes you think you put too much soap in there ? was it not the HE soap?

Customer:

it was not HE but we were told that the Cheer stay colorful was o.k. to use. I did not measure the detergent when I put it in and so I was just giving my best guess as to why the washer would have given this code. I did nothing else unusual as far as I knew.

Randy 43 :

was this the first time you used it ? or you have been using it for awhile ? and are there any other numbers on that model? it doesnt seem to be coming up ? it should be right on the door frame there somewhere

Customer:

We have used the washer for about 6 weeks.

Customer:

model wfw88heaco

Customer:

I have been able to reset the machine several times, but it keeps coming back with the F01 E02 code

Randy 43 :

sorry , i cant find any info on that model but im sure one of the other techs will be able to help you , ill repost your question ,hold on

Customer:

O.K.

Customer:

anyone there?

Customer:

hello ??

Customer:

help ?

Customer:

I need some help ??

Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

The error code is indicating that the MCU (motor control unit) has a problem.

As your unit is still undwer warranty I suggest that you contact the manufacturer and arrange to have a service person come out and replace the MCU. These are not cheap and are covered under the manufacturers 1 year warranty.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances