Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

On a Viking DFSB483D (post 2/7/2005) , I cannot locate the

On a Viking DFSB483D (post 2/7/2005) , I cannot locate the machine compartment located next to inverter. I'm installing a drain pan heater (G50911853). I have a drain pan fan, but it is not enough to evaporate the condensation. The instructions say to tap into the mullion heater wires, which are located in the machine compartment.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The machine compartment is where the compressor is mounted. The wires you need should be in the wire bundle.
You may be reading phantom voltage. Where are you reading the voltage at those wires? Just on an open wire with no load?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I disconnected the two white with gray dashes. I believe these are the mullion heater wires. I then attached my meter across the black wire and white with black tracer wire. These were connected to the two white with gray dashes. It read 24vac across them.

With no load, I suspect you are reading phantom voltage. Under a load, that voltage would not likely be there. Those wires are likely energized when the compressor runs. There is nothing that is 24 VAC in that unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, that makes sense! Then these must be the mullion wires and I was just impatient. Thanks.

You are very welcome. Have a great evening!