Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I removed the screws off of a burner, on my maytag oven, to

I removed the screws off of a burner, on my maytag oven, to clean it. Now I am not able to it back on.

Even of I manage to it the screws on the whole, the bottom of the burner I wobbly and I have no access to hold it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..can i get the model number ? and is it a top burner or oven burner ?thx

Customer:

Where can I find the model number? I have a number...W10239474A

Customer:

I am not sure I understand the next question. The burner is over the top of the oven

Customer:

thx

Randy 43 :

model number is XXXXX the storage drawer area usually

Randy 43 :

so you took off one of the surface burners ,not the burners inside the oven ? thx if you can get the model ill understand better

Customer:

yes. I took off a metallic top of one of the 5 burners

Customer:

to clean underneath

Customer:

AMTRIM-S

Customer:

?

Randy 43 :

if you pull out the storage drawer around the frame that is where they usually put the md # XXXXX .somewhere around the front frame

Customer:

There are 3 part numbers...

Customer:

W10097270 WHT

Customer:

W10097280 BLK

Customer:

W10097310 SS

Randy 43 :

those are all control panel part numbers

Randy 43 :

there is a sticker somewhere on the range that has the model number and serial number sticker ,or it may have it on the manual if you have that still

Customer:

ok

Randy 43 :

let me know if you find it

Customer:

ok...took a picture of the burner

Customer:

still looking for model #

Randy 43 :

are you able to post the pic?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

got the model#

Customer:

MGR8772WS

Customer:

Ser# XXXXX

Randy 43 :

ok so you mean this burner?

Randy 43 :

Surface Burner - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Customer:

yes

Randy 43 :

i understand , the base has fallen down and the burner screws wont reach correct?

Customer:

right

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Not able to attach pic

Customer:

base has not fallen down completely

Customer:

but it is wobbling...not steady

Customer:

I can hold the base for intance

Customer:

but once I have to put the top on, I have to let go

Customer:

of the base and then I do not have a hold

Randy 43 :

ive had the same issue , you need to get a small pic with a little hook or angle on it ,position the burner over top of the base ,put the pic thru the center of the burner and grab the base with it and pull up slightly to get one screw started and then that screw will pull the base up ,or try the same thing without the burner in place and it may pull up enough to stay up high enough to get a screw started ,,am i making sense?

Randy 43 :

or try a coat hanger and make a angled end on it to grab a ridge of the base

Customer:

yes you make sense...I am going to try it

Customer:

may take a bit

Randy 43 :

no problem

Customer:

u can check in after say 15 mins..

Randy 43 :

just respond whenever you try im here all day pretty much working on other questions

Customer:

It worked!!!!!

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

I actually could not use coat hanger

Customer:

I used a slightly bigger crochette needle....I put the need through the hole in the middle

Customer:

to hold it up....and I was able to fasten the top of the burner

Randy 43 :

great , ive done the same on my job ,little tricks you learn

Customer:

yes...Thank you for your help...! I will close the order. I am very satisfied with your help...I will do the appropriate rating..

Customer:

You have a nice day

Randy 43 :

thank you ,have a great day

Customer:

Thanks!.

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert