Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hello! My husband and I have an old, top-loading Maytag washer

Hello! My husband and I have an old, top-loading Maytag washer that has worked very well for us, for six years. The model number is XXXXX (the model/serial numbers have faded). I think it is at least 20 years old, if not older.

The problem (just today) is that after a washing cycle is complete, water continues to drip from a small hole, located under the lip of the machine. I think this is one of the holes/places that the water comes from to fill up the machine. We turned off the cold and hot water sources, and the dripping stopped. I don't think there is any external leaking.

I am not sure what the problem is, or if is worth getting someone out to our apartment complex to look at it/fix it, especially if it costs more vs. buying another one. Thank you for your time and advice!! Rachel Tallahassee, Florida
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! It is dripping into the tub, not on the floor, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help! Yes, it is dripping into the tub, not the floor.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that is an easy fix! The water inlet valve will need to be replaced. It is accessed from the back of the machine and very easy to replace. The wiring consists of 4 wires and there are the hot and cold hoses, too. The vale you need is pictured and available below. There is also a video link to help with replacement!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Water Inlet Valve <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Repair Video <----- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We are currently watching the videos that you have suggested, including the two videos on the valve part page. We may have a couple follow-up questions. Thanks!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You should have no trouble installing that valve, but I will certainly be available for help once you receive the part. I will be back on in the morning to address any follow up questions you may have.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!