Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Bosch Maxx900 How do I reset the motor overlaod?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The motor overload is self resetting, it cannot be manually reset. It works on temperature, opening when the motor gets too hot to protect it. Once it cools, it will close again and allow current to flow.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That rules out the overload then.

Motor is cool ( overnight).

Any other suggestions?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The machine is new? Did any loads work at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Kelly,

No cycles are working.

Spin cycle activates pump and drains the bowl then no spin

So tried wash cycle, fills but does not move to next stage ie no bowl rotation

Machine has some age 6 years

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, sorry, I thought you said it was new. Can you manually turn the tub and does it turn smoothly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tub turns manually. Quite smoothly

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, any issues showing with the wiring harness at the motor? Does the motor get warm if you attempt to run a cycle? If you remove the belt, will the motor turn if a cycle is started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Belt off

No response from the motor.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Bummer, I was hoping if the brushes were just worn it would jolt or something. It sounds like the motor is not getting power from the control. You can test the power to the motor and if none present, the control will likely need to be replaced. If there is voltage to any wire at the motor, the motor is likely faulty. However, there is usually noise accompanying most motor failures.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Kelly,

I can hear the switching to the motor so faulty motor is looking likely.

I will think some more.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I would agree if you can hear the relays clicking. Let me know how it goes, take care!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Always careful. Know the dangers.

Thanks heaps!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!