Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I reset the accubake whirlpool oven after a auto clean

How do I reset the accubake whirlpool oven after a auto clean cycle? Won't reach temp at all with any function and I took it out and removed back panel but there is no reset button?? Please help!!!
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is it heating at all? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not heating at all.. Model number GBS307PRS00
Thank you! That is actually good, it means an easy fix! So, please don't worry, we will make short work of this! Do you have a multimeter to test with at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I have the back panel off though.

Great! Not having a meter is easy to work around, no problem. Number 37 in the picture below is a thermal fuse. It is mounted in the upper LH corner (facing the back with the panel off). With the unit unplugged, can you remove the two wires and tape them securely together and then see if the oven will then heat, please? Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes! It started heating!
Great! That is a thermal fuse that will need to be replaced and is available below. It is obviously easy to install and not real expensive. You did a great job troubleshooting this, very well done!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thermal Fuse <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I replace it?
There are two screws holding it in place. Once removed, it will come off and the new one can be installed.