Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my noise is coming from the freezer,, when I open the door

my noise is coming from the freezer,, when I open the door stops,, close,, starts again
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

On a Samsung refrigerator unit, the interior fan stops when you open the door as does the icemaker. You'll need to shut the door and open it quickly to see if the noise is coming from the icemaker or the fan toward the bottom back of the freezer. The most likely case will be the fan motor. You'll need to remove all the screws going into the back panel and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer to expose the silver coils and the fan motor. If there is frost build up hitting the fan, use a hair dryer to thaw the frost or ice. Other than that, make sure the fan blade isn't wobbling or damaged for some reason. If everything checks good and the noise continues, you'll need to order and replace the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer because it's just starting to go bad.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!