Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a GE Profile Model #PDS22SBSRSS and since yesyerday

I have a GE Profile Model #PDS22SBSRSS
and since yesyerday after a power shutdown that lasted 30 minutes, well now it won't cool and freeze any idéa what I could do ? I can ear the motor and the light works, the display shows 66 degrees instaid of 0 for cooler and 37 for fridge
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will get back to you in a few minutes

Ok thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the compressor is hot, and the white plastic fan is running

ok can you hear the occasional clicking or buzzing noise coming from the rear of the unit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

don't think so but i will go check

Ok let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can hear a motor but no buzzing or clicking sound

by the way i have a protector plug unit between the wall plug and the frige plug because of often power failures

Ok can you open the freezer door, look behind the shelfs, need to know if you see frost on the lower panel on the inside rear of the freezer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no frost wich i guess is normal il more than 24 hours that does not run cold

it was both at 68 and now at 67 since the grill is unscrewed

Ok mark, I think what the problem is here is the control board has failed, This is what controls the compressor and I think the start relay on the control board is bad which is why the compressor is so hot.

The control board is located behind the metal plate at the rear of the unit, this will need to be replaced,

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.