Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I just received a DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant and it is stuck

I just received a DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant and it is stuck in the set up process. It does not get out of step 2 "Insert the water spout and press OK". What should I do?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Unplug it for at least one hour to reset the processor and let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing changes after unplugging the expresso machine for 1 hour. When I turn it on, it is right back at the 2nd step of the set up process with a message "Insert water spout and press OK".

Do you get a confirmation beep at all when you press any buttons?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I press any buttons, the beep sound is very low (much lower than on step one of the set up when it asked me to select the language).

Okay, that indicates that the control is getting a dual signal and would also explain why it won't respond to the programming. There is a trick we can try. Use a hair dryer to heat the buttons while rubbing over them firmly. Do not get it hot enough to cause damage and make sure the machine is unplugged. Let me know what happens after this procedure, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, it did not work. I heated it almost to the point I couldn't touch the buttons, but, as soon as turned on the machine, the same message appeared again.

That is not good, that means the control is in fault and will need to be replaced. This is not a DIY project and will require professional service.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!