Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

The fridge will not turn off. Settings are at 0 for freezer

The fridge will not turn off. Settings are at 0 for freezer and 38 for refrigerator
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a model number please from the sticker inside the fridge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model af12538aeq
serial 12717192lt

Ok Florence thanks for that, cn you give me a moment to look that model number up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you there?

Ok Florence the problem here is a bad sensor, this is located behind a grill inside the fridge, This will need to be replaced. It has shorted out causing the control board to think the fridge is not cold.

Click here to purchase the replacement

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.