The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Dometic 3 way fridge not working on propaneMod. RM 2193,

Customer Question

Dometic 3 way fridge not working on propane
Mod. RM 2193, Type C40/110
The fridge cools on both 120Vac and 12 Vdc however, when connected to propane the fridge does not cool or even hold the fridge cold. Currently the ambient temperature is approx. 25C / 77F.
Fridge temperature after “operating” for hours is (17C / 62.6). Chimney is warm/hot, blue flame is visible via the viewing port. The problem appears to be something associated to the gas delivery system as the unit cools using electricity & battery power. The issue is using the propane as a source.
What should I look at and /or what can be done?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.

Hi, David. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Sorry you have not received a reply yet. There are only a few of us here that are familliar with these and I just logged on.

As long as the unit is lighting and maintaining a flame the problem is most likely that it just needs a good cleaning.

Please see below for the instructions to clean the burner of your unit.

Once this is done the unit should cool as normal.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**