Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Top rack dishes and glassware are not getting clean. Coffee

Top rack dishes and glassware are not getting clean. Coffee stains, Greece, wine stains, not just spotting. Model number KUDT03STBL3

Help please!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you open the door for the dish washer, on the roof you sill see a small spray head, Set this so it points back to front then start a cycle. Once you hear the machine fill and start it's wash cycle open the door then take a look to see if the spray head is spinning or has significantly moved, Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doing it right now.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Wendy, Let me know thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It only moved a tiny bit, if at all

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Wendy can you give me a minute to look up this model number please.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Wendy,

The problem here is a common one with this model dishwasher, The unit is not pumping enough water at the right pressure to the top spray head, the reason for this is the wash motor has weakened. Unfortunately to fix this the motor would need to be replaced.

To do this the dishwasher would need to be pulled out from under the counter, Once out it would need to be laid on it's back, The wire harness disconnected from the motor then the screw holding the motor in place removed, next you would twist the motor and pull it out.

The new motor would go back in reverse order.

Click here to purchase a new wash motor

I have checked with all my suppliers and this one is the only one with this motor in stock, they normally deliver within 3 days.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In your opinion, how difficult is it to do this? Or should I call a repair man.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
It's not really difficult but it is time consuming. If you dont feel comfortable doing this yourself then you should call a repair guy.

Thanks!

Mike.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Wendy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a repair app't on Thurs. and I didn't order the motor in case he finds something else wrong with it. I hate to ask this, but if you were wrong, do I

get a refund?

Best,

Wendy

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi wendy, I can only go by the information given me, From what you told me this sounds like the motor which is a common problem, I have taken my time and effort to help you with this problem so feel I have done my job. If given the correct info I'm confident my answer was correct.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just thought I give you an update after my repair appointment.
It turns out that there was debris in the filter. One of my students house sat while we were out of the country and I guess she didn't know what she could put in the dishwasher and what she shouldn't Thought you might like to know If someone else has a similar problem.

I gave you an excellent rating and a tip which I hope you will get.

Thanks, Wendy
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update Wendy,

Have a great weekend.