Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Danby Silhouette DIM3225BLSST ice maker. The ice machine

I have a Danby Silhouette DIM3225BLSST ice maker. The ice machine stopped making ice a few days ago. When plugged in it starts, compressor kicks in and "cools the water running over the evaporator. Before actually freezing the water, the harvest cycle starts. The unit cycles hot refrigerant for a few minuets then shuts off. And blinks. Power light & ice selected light. When restared it does the same thing. Never freezing the ice. When I unplug the reversing solenoid the unit runs longer and colder. Ice accumulates on the line going into the back on the unit. Is the thermistor bad? Any suggestions?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The thermistor could be faulty, but when was the last time it was cleaned? Is the evaporator plate clean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only 9 months old coils are clean.

Okay, so that is not an issue. With the reversing solenoid unplugged, the unit freezes well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, so it has to be a control or thermistor issue. I would replace the thermistor and see what happens. You could test it but it will not be accurate because they must be consistently good as the temperature changes and that is all but impossible to test.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had to replace the control board last month. When I order it, I got both the control display and the control/timer board. I changed the timer board and same problem exist that left the thermistor. What signals the unit to harvest the ice is it the timer or thermistor temp?

The thermistor as it senses the temp of the cold plate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I've ordered the thermistor. $4 part. If this doesn't do it any other suggestions?

The only other part is the control, but I doubt that will be necessary!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Replaced the thermistor...Working fine now. Thanks for the confirmation.

That is great news, thanks for the update!