Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whats the most marketing strategy for a beginning appliance

What's the most marketing strategy for a beginning appliance repair business?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it's hard to know what the best strategy is, but normally when someone starts an appliance repair business, they start by contacting appliance manufactures like Whirlpool and such to become an authorized servicer. Warranty will provide you will service calls and training on their latest models as well as a line to contact tem for any technical assistance needed for their models. Warranty doesn't pay incredibly well, but it does keep you busy.

You can also contact extended warranty companies or home warranty companies to see if they need a servicer in your area. These generally pay better, but provide no service training.

As for running what the industry calls "COD" calls, which are service calls by appliance owners who are out of warranty. Setting up a website is a great way to get indirect service as people who do searches in your area will come up with your name. In addition to that, advertising in the phone book helps, but honestly it's not near as effective as it once was. Other than that, appliance repair companies rely on repeat business. So make sure that whoever you come into contact with has a great interaction with your company.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Doc, I'm reaching out to the big manufacturers right now. I will reach out to the extended warranty companies too. I've had my site up for about 4 months and I'm working on SEO but still aren't making it to Googles front page. Also, linking up with property managers as well.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, those are all good steps and it's always very slow going in the beginning. It's all about return customers because even servicing calls under warranty, if you pass out business cards, they'll call you back when their unit is out of warranty.

SEO takes time. Google and other search engines are very smart and credible back links to places like manufactures will help bring you up to the front pages, but nothing on the internet happens instantly and usually it takes about 6 months before you start showing up.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.