Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

model number gtdp301elowes no heat checked both breaker 30amp

model number gtdp301elowes no heat checked both breaker 30amp breaker had basement rewired the guy first he had 15 amps tumble no heat then he put 2 40amps tumble still no heat .told him to put 2 30amps and it should work still no heat now he saying it has to be the heating coil please will you help me

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

have you checked the heating element ? do you have a volt meter you can check continuity with. Heating Element Assembly WE11M30 Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is the location of theheating coil i dont hav a volt meter

the heating element is inside the machine behind the drum. the machine has to come apart to get to it. without a meter though thats not going to do you much good. do you know someone with a meter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how can i stay in contact with you im going to go see a friend to see if he has a voly meter

just save this in your favorites and sign back in or just leave this open while you check.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay wil keep open

okay talk after.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how to get to heating element for test or replacement

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how to get to heating element to check for power and or replace

Okay Heres a video on how to take the machine apart to change the rear drum bearing but your not going to change the bearing but the video shows you how to take the drum out so you can access the heater. click this link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Bearing/WE25M40/784658?modelNumber=GTDP301EL0WS

once you have the drum out follow the directions at this link tp check the element.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/WE11M30/1475461?modelNumber=GTDP301EL0WS?RCAID=1000065 if the elements bad you can order it there also.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still here we have the dryer torn apart now he is trying to set volt meter is tnothere a perticular setting for the volt meter not the heating element -- not the heating coil it work checked it with the volt meter putting it back togather now what else could it be?

so the element checked out ? dont put it back together yet there are other things to check. such as thermostats.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do you check thermostats?

this is one of them. High Limit Thermostat WE4M137 Main Product Viewnow there are more so you need to check them all. just look inside and you will see them , they all test the same way. click this link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/WE4M137/276438?modelNumber=GTDP301EL0WS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we checked three htr12v69t21 l210-30f 1031 540b146p013 326859t-0-dhas half conttwo we checked has full cont.

Sorry I dont understand that, do they all have continuity ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no this is the one that has half cont.htr12v69t21 1210-30f 1031 540b146p013 326859t-0-d these number are on it

I'm sorry But I have no info on that , I'm going to opt out and someone else will pick this up, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bryan im sorry for not being able to fully explain on the piece it has writing therm-o-disc on a sticker it has those number you are really helping me im so pissed off at this guy i will pay you

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I don' think the issue lies with the dryer but with the power supply from your home. Where the cord hooks up, there are three connections. If you place a test probe from a meter to each of thew outside terminals, you should read 240 VAC. I suspect you will not. Do you have a meter to test with?
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

k elly i thank you .i have a meter but he has not shown up yet im waiting will therm-o-disc stop the dryer from heating ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

k elly i thank you .i have a meter but he has not shown up yet im waiting will therm-o-disc stop the dryer from heating ? wil wait on kelly 2 many cook spoil the soup plus the guy has my meter not here yet

It could, yes, but I am suspicious of the skills your worker has with electrical wiring. I would test the power supply before installing any parts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you were right i thank you for not giving up on me

That is great news! I am so glad you got it figured out!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!